Status: Dev Analysis
Affects Version/s: 6.4.0
Fix Version/s: None
Functional components:Custom field - User
How to reproduce
- Create a User connect field, as follows:
- Select the native datasource "Jira database (SQL)"
- Write the following query:
- Choose the "Select list" editor
- Add this connect field to a project
- Edit an issue of this project and select any user (not you) in the previously created connect field
- Go to the "User Management" page and disable the previously selected user
- Go back to the previously edited issue
- Edit the issue without changing the user selected in the Connect field
It is not possible to edit the issue because the Connect field does not accept an inactive user. This is the error message: User 'username' is not valid for this user picker.
here's a video that shows the problem: Bug.webm
It should be possible to edit the issue and keep the selected user in the User connect field, even if he is disabled.
Current behavior of a Jira User Picker
There is a difference in behavior between a User Picker created in Jira and a user picker created in Elements Connect.
For a User Picker created from Jira, it is not possible to select an inactive user. However, users which were selected before being deactivated are kept and don't prevent the issue edition.