Affects Version/s: 6.1.1, 6.1.7
Fix Version/s: 6.1.11
Customer Environment :
- Jira Software 7.13.9
- Automation for Jira Lite 6.0.25
Support Environment :
- Jira Software 8.6.1
- Automation for Jira 7.1.1
Functional components:3rd party - Automation for Jira
Custom field - Date
How to reproduce
- Install Automation for Jira
- Create a dummy snapshot date connect field:
- Datasource : Jira SQL
- Query: Select summary from jiraissue where id = $issue.id
- Source field: "summary"
- Pattern: "dd/MM/yyyy"
- Field configuration: Date_connect_export.json
- Add this connect field to a edit / view issue screen
- Create an issue, with summary "02/01/2020" and check if this connect field is well populated
- Change the issue summary, set another date
- Create a rule in "Automation for Jira" which will update automatically this connect field (e.g. a scheduled issue which will run every 5 minutes)
- Run this automation rule and check if the connect field has been updated
Snapshot date field is not updated on the view screen.
Snapshot date field is updated following an automated update
- It's possible to update this Connect Field by editing manually the issue (even for read-only connect fields)
- It's also possible to create a transition (From status : "Any status", To Status : "Itself") and to create a Connect Post-Function (whose name is Elements Connect: Set a field value) whose job is to update the snapshot date field. Then, configure the automation rule on this transition instead of the connect field.